Thursday, September 24, 2009

RUNNING--away from Satan, to God

Today I read Proverbs 18, 19, and half of 20 and 2 Corinthians 11. My favorite verses are:


2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
We are warned in these verses of how powerful Satan can be because he deceives us into believing he is good. We must be very close to God so that we can tell the difference between what is truly good and what only appears to be good. Notice in Proverbs it says the righteous RUN to God for safety. The NAME of the Lord has the power to make Satan run the other way. And it is always a good thing when we are running in the opposite direction from Satan!

This is my blood platelet donation day. Even though I do it primarily to help others, it is still my time to relax and be pampered. Instead of doing grocery shopping afterwards, I will be going to the Tri County Baptist Association Annual Meeting when I leave CBCO. There are two sessions; one begins at 3:00 and the other at 7:00 with an hour or so break in between. We conduct the business of the Association and hear inspiring reports and messages. I am looking forward to it. Pastor Art will be giving one of the reports; the main message will be given by Mark Zimmerman whose mother-in-law is a member of my church. I know he will do a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers