Friday, September 18, 2009

Light out of Darkness

Today I read the rest of Proverbs 5, all of 6, and part of 7. I read 2 Corinthians 4. My favorite verses are:

Proverbs 6:22-23 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. 23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light.

2 Corinthians 4:6 because it is God who said, Out of darkness light is to shine, who did shine in our hearts, for the enlightening of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Isn’t that amazing that the New Testament verse appears to be a continuation of the Old Testament verse. The scriptures agree because all are from God. The Old Testament is made complete in “the face of Jesus Christ”.

As to my plans for the day, I had another “brunch and lupper” meal day (that’s three meals packed into two) because I started so late. But in all fairness, it was past 12:30 a.m. when I got home from Starvy Creek. Today was baking day; I made my Amish Friendship bread into blueberry muffins this time. It worked out well—I had to eat one to see if they would be OK to take to the Hurley Baptist Church Ladies’ Brunch tomorrow.

Tonight I am going to Branson to see B.J. Thomas!! I have a secular album of his and an album of his Christian music. Years ago I read his autobiography where he told how Christ changed his life; I am so excited about getting to see him in person. I hope to have him autograph my album covers. Dionne Warwick is in the show also, and I like her music; but it is B.J. Thomas that I was willing to pay to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers