Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Greatness and Comfort

Today I finished reading the last five Psalms and started reading 2 Corinthians. My favorite verses are:

Psalm 147:4-5 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names. 5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

I love astronomy and know the names of several stars and constellations especially in the summer night sky. Realizing that God knows ALL the stars by name boggles the mind. Certainly He is Great! Then in the New Testament verses to be reminded that when I face suffering in this life it is so that I can be a help to others who suffer. God sees the whole picture and knows what each of us needs; He wants us to be willing to serve Him by helping to meet the needs of those around us. This Great God allows us to be part of His family and to work alongside Him—amazing!

This afternoon, I am blessed with the presence of my grand-nieces Sydney and Cheyenne. They will stay with me for a few hours after school until their mother gets off work and picks them up. We did, as always, share Amish Friendship bread and ice cream for our after school snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers