Sunday, September 27, 2009

Low Power Christians

Today I read the rest of Proverbs 24, all of 25, and most of 26. I also read the first chapter of Galatians. My favorite verses are:

Proverbs 24:19-20 Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked; 20 For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

If we spend time stressing over what men (or women) are doing or how we are relating to them in worldly terms, we are using energy that should be used serving God. I was once told that we can think of Galatians 1:10 in terms of electricity. Regular household wiring which operates small appliances and other things requiring low power is 110 current. If we are seeking to please men instead of serving Christ, we are low power Christians. Tune in tomorrow for the requirements to upgrade to higher power—220 current.

How fortunate we are to be able to attend the church of our choice freely and without persecution; I chose to attend Fremont Hills Baptist Church this morning (and will again this evening). I love the fellowship and support of my church family there! We celebrated The Lord’s Supper in morning worship. Thank God we can be worthy to share at His table when our sins are covered by the blood of His Son Jesus. As I bake Amish Friendship Bread this afternoon, I remember that Jesus is the Bread of Life and sustains my spiritual life day by day. Sometimes, since I bake every nine days, I have more Amish bread than I need; I share it with others as often as possible. The Bread of Life is even more abundant than my Amish bread, and God is seeking to share it (Him) with all who will accept Jesus as Savior. Have a wonderful Lord’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers