Monday, September 21, 2009

Speak Good Words

Today I read Proverbs 12 and 13 and 2 Corinthians 8. My favorite verses are:

Proverbs 12:25 Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

2 Corinthians 8:7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.

When God blesses us as His children, he expects us to share those blessings with others. How often do we fail to do such a simple thing as speaking a good word to someone who needs to hear it. If we tend to be negative and cynical, we are displeasing to God. (I know that on Mondays it's hard to be positive and uplifting sometimes!) Notice in Corinthians it doesn’t say that God gives us a little bit of this and a little bit of that—it says “ye abound in every thing”! So let’s share good things with those around us. (Today I am going to do some laundry for my Mother. I think that counts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers