Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ambassadors for Christ

Today I read the rest of Proverbs 7 as well as 8 and 9. Most of this passage is spoken by Wisdom personified. In the New Testament I read 2 Corinthians 5 and half of 6. My favorite verses were:

Proverbs 8:35-36 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. 36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

We seek wisdom from God then He sends us out as ambassadors to speak on his behalf pleading with the lost to come to Christ who gave His life for them. Are we being faithful witnesses?

This morning I am going to Hurley Baptist Church for the monthly Philia brunch—sisters in Christ enjoying fellowship together. It is wonderful to spend time with the family of God, but we are useless to Him if we don’t spend time with those outside the family working to bring them in. My sister shared a quotation with me last Sunday which gave me pause and made me reflect on how important God is in my life: “Life’s greatest tragedy is to lose God and not to miss Him.” F.W. Norwood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers