Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Reading the Bible Through

Every year I read the Bible through. I haven’t kept count exactly, but this year makes more than 35 but less than 40 times. Most years I have read KJV, but I have also read NASV, NIV, NKJV, KJV 21st Century, The Message, and Holman. I have also read the Apocryphal books. Today I read the middle of Psalm 119 and the 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians. This year I am reading Young’s Literal Translation which is the most difficult translation I have read. Since I cannot copy it without permission, here are some of today’s verses from the KJV:

Psalm 119:73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

1 Corinthians 13:12-13 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers