Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sure promises

Technically, this is the post for December 1, I just didn't get it posted until after midnight.  Today (December 1) I read Ezekiel 29:9-32:6 and 1 Peter 4:6-5:7. My favorite verses are:

Ezekiel 29:21 In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the LORD.

1 Peter 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

God’s promises are sure. What He says will come to pass.  He renewed the nation of Israel in the land that He promised to them when He set them free from slavery in Egypt.  They returned from captivity in Babylon, but in the 20th Century they returned to their homeland again and became a nation.  They know that Jehovah is the LORD.  The promise of a crown of glory when Jesus, our Shepherd, appears is also true.  This is a promise to earthly shepherds (pastors of churches) from the Heavenly Shepherd.  Service to God, obedience to God, will be rewarded.  It is a sure promise from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers