Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Salvation

Today I read the rest of Obadiah and all of Jonah as well as Revelation 12:1-13:4. My favorite verses are:

Jonah 2:9  But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.

Revelation 12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

It is important to keep your word—especially when you have made a promise to God. We should always remember to say thanks to God when he has blessed us. If you are his redeemed child, saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, it is good to know that he is not only the author of our salvation, but he completes the work. The verse in the Revelation tells of the time when Satan will be cast down so that he can no longer accuse God’s children, and Christ will come in his power and reign forever in the kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers