Friday, December 4, 2009

Gifts from God

Today I read Ezekiel 36:22-38:18 and 2 Peter 2:15-3:13. My favorite verses are:

Ezekiel 36:26-27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

It is December now, and thoughts turn even more to Christmas. We may be thinking of gifts we wish to receive when that day arrives. Today’s verses speak of gifts from God. He said that He will give us new hearts, His Spirit, new heavens, and a new earth. Peter says “according to his promise” we can look for these things. They are sure to come, not just things to wish for. God in His wisdom makes us new so that we can be with Him in the new dwelling place that He is preparing for His own. We begin to learn in this life to walk in His will and keep His judgments so that we may enter the new earth where righteousness dwells. Oh, to be LIKE Him; even better to be WITH Him throughout eternity—and that is what He wants for us and for Himself. We are truly blessed by His gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers