Monday, December 21, 2009

He Will Reign

Today I read Amos 6:2-Obadiah 1:4 and Revelation 10:10-11:19. My favorite verses are:

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.

Revelation 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

These verses show opposite ends of a spectrum. Amos spoke of a day when God and His words would be taken away from the people because of their sin. They would suffer a famine of hearing God’s Word. In our time, in our country, we can read the Bible whenever and wherever we want to. There are multitudes of Bibles which can be bought. There are churches and other places where Bibles are given away at no cost. We have an abundance of God’s Word. Imagine if there were none. Would it matter to you personally? I know that I would miss it greatly; I have some memorized, but not enough to recreate a complete Bible. I take it for granted that I can read it every day, and I am sure that I don’t appreciate it as much as I should. The picture from Revelation is of God, the Eternal God Almighty, reigning with great power. I am so thankful that whatever may happen in this world as Satan becomes more desperate to win as many battles as he can before God locks him away forever, we have the assurance that God will reign when it is over. God will take back whatever power Satan mistakenly thought he had, and God will reign over His people forever and ever. I want to be on the winning side! I pray that you feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers