Monday, December 7, 2009

It's All About God!

Today I read Ezekiel 42:18-45:2 and 1 John 2:28-3:19. My favorite verses are:

Ezekiel 44:24 And in controversy they shall stand in judgment; and they shall judge it according to my judgments: and they shall keep my laws and my statutes in all mine assemblies; and they shall hallow my sabbaths.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

In God’s words to the prophet notice the words my, my, my, mine, and my. The emphasis is on God and how we are to approach Him. He makes the rules, and it is our duty to obey them. We are not given permission to negotiate with God; we are not told to interpret, modify, or amend His judgments. We are to judge according to His judgments. Then we are told to keep His laws; we cannot do as we please and justify our behavior before a Holy God. This is not unreasonable, especially in view of the rewards God gives to His children now and in the world to come. We do not yet know what that will be like. In fact, we do not know what we will be like. John told us that we will be like the Son of God, perfected and worthy to stand before God the Father, the Holy One. What a great God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers