Monday, December 28, 2009

Blessings or Plagues

Today (December 27) I read Zephaniah 3:10-Zechariah 1:14 and Revelation 18:4-24. My favorite verses are:

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

God wants to bless us with salvation, joy, love, and singing; but if we do not obey and serve Him, we will receive plagues. God’s people are commanded to come out from among those who are sinning against Him. We are not to take part in the sins they commit unless we are prepared to also take part in the punishment. The great blessings from the Mighty God are what I choose; I do not understand why any child of God would choose the plagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers