Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Send Me

Today I read Isaiah 4, 5, and 6, and I read Ephesians 4:11-32. My favorite verses are:

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

When we accept Jesus Christ into our lives and experience salvation, we become a new creation. God, like a potter, does not throw the old clay away; but He shapes it into a new vessel that will be useful and bring honor to Him. We are most useful when we yield ourselves completely to God and allow Him to send us where He wants us to be. What a different world this would be if every Christian responded to God as Isaiah did, “Here am I; send me.” If we remained busy in God’s work, it would be much more difficult for Satan to slip into our lives and spoil our witness. God will hold us as close to Himself as we allow Him to. We are the ones who pull away and try to do things on our own. God allows us to make choices, even bad ones; but it grieves His heart when He sees us suffering for it. He wants to hold us in His arms and protect us from evil. When He sends us, He is our postage stamp—unless He remains stuck to us, we cannot reach our destination.

How blessed I am to be entering into a new work with Christian brothers and sisters. In our prayer time Monday night at Stained Glass Theater, we agreed in a covenant prayer to ask God to deliver us from every attack of the enemy. We know He will be faithful to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers