Monday, October 5, 2009

SPLASH!

Today I read Ephesians 2:10-3:9 and finished Song of Solomon. My favorite verses are:

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Song of Solomon 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

I said yesterday that there was much growing to do after we are saved. Ephesians 2:10 was the verse I had in mind. We cannot work to be saved, but we should work for the Lord continually after we are saved. We grow as we serve! And we bear fruit as Christians. One of the verses in Friday’s scripture was Galatians 5:22 which lists the fruit of the Spirit—first on the list is LOVE. And doesn’t Solomon describe true love beautifully? You can’t buy it, and you can’t quench it; it comes from God who is Perfect Love. As His children, we should be showing that love to others. Our church has had a central theme for most of this year; we call it SPLASH. It stands for the phrase “Show People Love, And Share Him”. As Christians, we need to be splashing everyone around us every day everywhere we go. If I see you somewhere today, I pray that I will SPLASH you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers