Thursday, October 22, 2009

God's bare arm

Today I read Isaiah 50:10-54:11 and 1 Thessalonians 4:9-5:11. I find that I want to share several verses from Isaiah. One is very personal to me; it has been nearly a year since my husband died, and this verse spoke to my heart today: Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

What a promise that I am never alone!

Then, considering my name which I used for the title of my Blog site, I can’t fail to include verses about the sheep, Isaiah 53:6-7 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

But the verses I really want to comment on as my favorite verses today are:

Isaiah 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

1 Thessalonians 5:5-6 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

When I read this verse from Isaiah, I always picture a man rolling up his sleeves to begin working. When God rolls up his sleeves, all the nations will be watching and see the work that God is doing. He is busy saving souls and saving His people from their enemies. As His children, we are of the light, not of the night. We are to be watching for God to roll up His sleeves, and we are to be ready to go to work with Him. He warns us not to sleep; we must not get complacent doing worldly things and fail to be ready when God calls us to His work. Be awake, be watching, be ready to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers