Monday, October 19, 2009

One God, One Savior

Today I read Isaiah 42:1-44:12. I finished Colossians 4 and read 1 Thessalonians 1. My favorite verses are:

Isaiah 43:10-11 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

1 Thessalonians 1:2-3 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; 3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father.

God’s command: “Ye are my witnesses”. There is one God and one Savior; there is no other way by which mankind can attain eternal life in heaven. Because this is true, we who know Him must labor without ceasing to spread the word so that others may know and be saved. Isaiah spoke to the nation of Israel; God wanted them to tell the world about Him—the one and only God from beginning to end. But Israel failed in the task; they wanted to keep God for themselves and be His only people. God had different plans; He offered salvation to all mankind by sending His Son Jesus to die as a sacrifice for our sins. Our hope rests in Him and the sacrifice He made for us. We must not fail. We MUST be witnesses to the world concerning the one and only HOPE of eternal life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers