Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Clean up

Today I read the first three chapters of Isaiah and Ephesians 3:10-4:10. My favorite verses are:

Isaiah 1:16-18 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; 17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

When the prophet Isaiah told the people of Israel to clean themselves up and stop doing evil things, it is important that we realize it wasn’t enough! We can never make ourselves clean enough to be right with God. When the Lord called them to come to Him and reason together, he promised that their sins would be completely cleansed leaving them white. He would do the cleansing! The verses in Ephesians expand on that thought—God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think. His power and glory are eternal; when He cleans us up, He has the power to keep us clean by the blood of Jesus Christ who gave His life for us. When we come before God without Jesus as our Savior, he sees the filthiness of our sins and turns away. But when we come to him through Jesus after we have been saved, he sees the clean slate of forgiven sins and welcomes us into His presence.

I have to share that before rehearsal at Stained Glass Theatre last night we had an hour-long prayer meeting. It was amazing; God’s Spirit filled the auditorium as we sang and prayed and glorified His name. I told some of the other participants that it was better than a revival meeting! I am humbled that God has allowed me to become a part of the SGT family in addition to my church family and my physical family. I am so blessed, I can’t thank Him enough—it really is “exceeding abundantly” more than I ever imagined. I pray that I will bring honor and glory to God in all that I do with this gift that He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers