Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rest in the Lord

Today I read Genesis 20:15-24:20 and Matthew 10:28-12:15. My favorite verses are:

Genesis 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Abraham exhibited great faith in God when he tied his son up and put him on the altar of sacrifice to kill him. God was pleased with Abraham’s act of obedience, but did not allow him to go through with the sacrifice. He provided a ram to sacrifice in place of Isaac, Abraham’s son. God will always bless obedience on the part of His children. He wants us to be able to find rest—not conflict, worry, sorrow, or any kind of wearisome burden. He will give us rest when we come to Him and accept it. Resting in the Lord is the perfect rest because He, after all, is in control of all situations; we do not have to help Him work things out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers