Sunday, January 31, 2010

God Is Watching

Today I read Exodus 1:1-3:1 and Matthew 25:20-26:2. My favorite verses are:

Exodus 2:8-9 Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, Go. And the maid went and called the child’s mother. 9 And Pharaoh’s daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the woman took the child, and nursed it.

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

When the children of Israel were told to kill their boy babies, some of the women simply could not do so. One in particular fixed a waterproof basket for her baby and set it afloat in the Nile River. Pharaoh’s daughter found him and felt compassion for him. She needed a woman to nurse the child; and, ironically, she asked his mother to take care of him and PAID her to do so. When our actions are pleasing to God, He will bless us; sometimes it will happen in surprising ways. Jesus reminds us that whenever we do either good or bad to other people, it is just as if we were doing it to Him. God is watching everything we do and listening to everything we say. I wonder if we would behave differently if we thought about that on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers