Thursday, January 14, 2010

Good or Evil

Today (January 13) I read Genesis 24:21-25:4 and Matthew 12:16-45. My favorite verses are:

Genesis 24:56 And he said unto them, Hinder me not, seeing the LORD hath prospered my way; send me away that I may go to my master.

Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

When God is guiding and blessing our lives, we want to keep busy about His business. When we are following His will, we have good treasure in our hearts; we can do good things because we are doing God’s things. If we are not following and obeying God’s leadership, our heart will harbor evil treasure and it will bring out evil things in our lives. If you are one who has never accepted the gift of salvation, you cannot follow God’s will until you are saved. You are condemned to bring forth evil, because a heart without God is an evil heart. Seek good; do good; treasure good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers