Friday, November 6, 2009

What is God thinking?

Today I read Jeremiah 27:21-30:12 and Titus 3:4-Philemon 1:9. My favorite verses are:

Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

The expected end spoken of by Jeremiah is the hope of eternal life Paul spoke of to Titus. I love being told that God is thinking about me. He has plans for me, but He doesn’t let me in on them until I ask. God can do what He pleases, but He chooses to give us responsibilities so that we can grow up in Him. He wants us to call upon Him, pray unto Him, and search for Him with our whole heart! Then, and only then, are we justified by HIS grace and given eternal life. He will hear us; He will allow us to find Him—if we are seeking and searching. When there is a relationship, there are two parties actively involved; there must be interaction. One person cannot have a relationship alone. God wants to have a relationship with us, so we must be actively involved with Him. God is busy, and we stay close to Him by working with Him and for Him. And the rewards for doing so are more than we could have imagined because they come from His thoughts for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers