Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gifts from Above

There was no daily devotion yesterday, and I apologize to those of you who read them each day. My father suffered some health problems and I was with him and my mother until 3 a.m. I had not had time to post a devotion early in the day, and it was too late when I got home.

Today I read Ezekiel 16:52-18:27 and James 3:7-4:9. My favorite verses are:

Ezekiel 18:21-22 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

I am so thankful for a God who forgives. When we seek salvation through Jesus Christ and turn to God in obedience and service, He not only forgives our transgressions, He will never mention them again. He FORGETS our sins and we live by the righteousness of God in us. When we receive those things offered to us from God above, how blessed we are; we also become a blessing to those around us. What a wonderful thing to have or to be a friend who is peaceable, gentle, merciful, impartial, and more. God can make us wise and pure and without hypocrisy—goals that we should strive to reach as we live in service to God our Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dena for sharing.Wish you a Happy n Safe Thanksgiving day.

    Cheers!!
    Flowers to Hyderabad|Cakes,Gifts to India

    ReplyDelete

Followers