Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Return to Him

Today I read Jeremiah 23:7-25:19 and 2 Timothy 4:15-Titus 1:13. My favorite verses are:

Jeremiah 24:7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

God wants us to be one with Him. He wants our whole heart to be His. He wants us to be with Him in His heavenly kingdom. He has the power to keep us from evil and preserve us for Himself. He is the Lord, and he will be our God when we come to Him and give Him glory. God alone is worthy of eternal glory, but He wants to share it with us. He has given His Son Jesus to be the Savior of our souls. Salvation through Him is the only thing that can make us worthy to enter the heavenly kingdom. If you find that you are further away from God than you want to be, return to Him with your whole heart. Then you will be His own child and He will be your God who will deliver you from all evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers