Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Your Own Way, or God's Way

Since my last entry, I have read Judges 15:7-20:34 and Acts 6:1-8:12. My favorite verses are:

Judges 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Acts 6:7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

What a contrast in these verses! When everyone does his own thing instead of being obedient to the faith, God is not happy. When God is unhappy, man misses out on the blessings that God would like to give him. Oh for an increase of the Word of God! If the number of Christians were multiplying instead of diminishing, the world would be a much better, safer, happier place. But when every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is conflict and unhappiness. Determine today to live in obedience to the will of God; make your place in the world a good place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I'm Chris Pilgrim with Community Blood Center of the Ozarks. I recently did a search of our name and came across this site, via your comments in the "about me" section of your blog. Let me just tell you thanks on behalf of area patients at thirty-seven hospitals. I'm a platelet donor as well, but I do it for very selfish reasons. It makes me feel good to know that a cancer patient in a local hospital is benefitting from my good health.

    CBCO now has a facebook page... and I've begun a blog. Http://ozarksblood.wordpress.com

    Feel free to bookmark us. Write an entry about your experiences as a donor. Advocate. Keep donating. And thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete

Followers