Monday, May 24, 2010

God Speaks; God Listens

Since my last entry, I have read Ruth 4:1-22, 1 Samuel 1:1-6:12 and Acts 9:31-11:30. My favorite verses are:

1 Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

God speaks to His people, and He listens to His people as well. We need to do more listening than speaking when we spend time with the Lord! Then we need to get busy doing the things that He tells us to do. I am so thankful that God chose to offer eternal life to Gentiles as well as Jews; I am one Gentile who has accepted that gift and now the eternal God dwells within me. It is my prayer that He will speak to me often and that I will be obedient to His voice. I know that He hears me when I pray; I have seen the evidence in miracles of answered prayers. Take time today and every day to talk to God, and always take time to listen to what He has to say to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers