Monday, May 10, 2010

Praise God

Today I read Judges 1:19-5:6 and John 20:3-Acts 1:4. My favorite verses are:

Judges 5:3 Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Singing praise to God is a wonderful way to draw close to Him and experience a special anointing of His Spirit. Doing this in a congregational setting is also a witness to others that praise is an important part of our worship. We learn about praising God in His Word. Many, many valuable lessons are contained in God’s Word; but John tells us that they are only a small fraction of the things that could have been written. Jesus’ life story is beyond the world’s ability to understand or even contain. But we need to tell everything that we do know about Him to those who are living and even dying without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers