Monday, March 8, 2010

Set Apart to Serve

Today I read Leviticus 20:1-23:14 and Luke 3:18-4:37. My favorite verses are:

Leviticus 20:8 And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.

Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

In the Old Testament, God commanded His people to keep His laws because He had set them apart from other nations to be His special chosen people. He expected better things from them than from the heathen nations. Jesus quoted the command to worship only God and serve Him. His people who are saved are set apart to serve Him. Whether under the Old Covenant or the New Covenant, God’s people are expected to be faithful to Him. We are to worship Him, serve Him, and keep His commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers