Monday, April 26, 2010

Strength and Courage

Since my last post, I have read Deuteronomy 33:4-Joshua 4:7 and John 9:24-10:42.  My favorite verses are:

Joshua 1:9  Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

John 10:18  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

We are to obey the commandments of the Lord; after all, they are commandments, not suggestions.  If we are doing so, we can be strong and courageous.  God will be with us and we will not need to be afraid of anything.  As Christ followed his Father's commandment, he received courage and strength to be obedient even to death.  He laid down His life; He had the power to do that because He was obeying His Father.  It is not easy to obey and serve God, but there are great rewards for doing so.  Christ is now in heaven with His Father.  We have the promise that we will join Them there if we have accepted the gift of salvation for which He died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers