Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Honor Your Parents

Today I read Exodus 19:14-21:13 and Mark 3:30-4:23. My favorite verses are:

Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Mark 4:23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

I have honored my earthly father for as long as he lived; and from now on, I will honor his memory as one of the greatest men of God that I have ever known. I am thankful that God allowed me to be raised by a man after His own heart. My mother, too, is a woman deserving of honor. She was a faithful wife for nearly 65 years and a Godly mother to her children. As we consider her future, her children and grandchildren are ready to do what is best for her because we love and respect her. So for all of you with ears, hear what God says—honor your parents if you wish to have a long life. I know that some children have earthly parents who may not be worthy of honor. I am sorry for that, but I know that we all have a Father in heaven who can change the way things are here on earth if we ask Him. But we must use our ears to listen to what He says, and we must obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers